Discussion about Fragenkatalog WiSe 20/21

• Hello everyone,

I have already 60% of the Fragenkatalog finished, but I met some problems.

I am not very sure about some answers or cannot find out the answers.

I hope you can give me some help. And we can also discuss other questions that you are not sure here.

After I finish the Fragenkatalog, I will upload the file for further discussion.

best wishes!;)

• Q105. "How is the lambda probe working? What are the physical/chemical basics? " I cannot find out what is the physical/chemical basis of the lambda probe..

Q107. "and how is postprocessing of the signal?" What is the postprocessing? Does that mean Regelung?
    Q108. "What catalyst temperature needs to be reached (light off)? (slide 32) " I am not sure about the temperature. Is that 220°C?

• https://maschinenbauer-forum.d…agenkatalog-aps/#versions

How is the lambda probe working: I think this (see below) suffices. Chemically, it is zirconiumdioxides ability to carry oxygen ions electrolytically; thus creating a voltage.

Light off temperature: Depends on the exact configuration of catalyst. Typically, somewhere north of 200°C.

Area of maximum efficiency: I'm making an educated guess here: In a two-motor setup, you'd have to consider both engines efficiencies when looking at the overall efficiency. E-motors efficiency is somewhat max at every load. ICEs efficiency is max towards highest rpm. (When recuperating a lot, energy is "harvested"; one can argue whether this counts towards efficiency.)

Therefore, I consider this area to be maximum efficent:

• Thank you so much! But the problem "area of max efficiency", I have not totally figured out. I generally know it should around 0% line. And I have finished the Fragenkataog, if you will we can discuss together about it.

• Ach.. Ich habe gefunden, dass du schon die Klausur erledigt. HHH Aber dank dir gleich für die Antwortung!

• Hey everyone,

there is a thing i don't really understand regarding the questions #119 and #121:

The graph which shows the CO-, NOx- and HC-emission against the air fuel ratio (Answer of question #119) means (in my opinion) the following: "the higher the lambda (= air-excess-factor, isn't it?) the lower the NOx-emission" or in other words "the higher the air-fuel-ratio the lower the NOx-emission".

Now, the answer of question #121 ist the graph shown on slide 18 of the diesel engine slides. This graph shows the area of NOx-emission dependent on the local flame temperature and the locale air-fuel-ratio. As we can see, the NOx-emission increases in this case when the locale air-fuel-ratio increases (upper right corner).

Isn't this a contradiction to the previous graph? Where is my mistake?

Thanks!

• The graph which shows the CO-, NOx- and HC-emission shows only the DI-Diesel part of the 2, graphic my guess (more air meains you dilute CO-, NOx- and HC) . The 2. graphic shows you the normal chemical reaction with local flame temperature and the locale air-fuel-ratio.

• Isn't this a contradiction to the previous graph? Where is my mistake?

It would be a contradiction if you could increase λ while keeping flame temperature constant.
    I'd guess that this is not the case, as fuel and air are of paramount importance to the combustion process and thus temperature. Therefore the graphic should be good.

• Hallo zusammen,

kann jemand mir die folgenden Fragen erklären?

92. What will be the main applications for battery electric vehicles? habe das Diagramm nicht verstanden wie gemeint damit ist?

112. Show and explain the benefit of a 48 Volt hybridization by an efficiency engine map of a gasoline engine.

Woher kommt eigentlich die rote Kurve? und wie wird gezeichnet?